Thursday 12 March 2020

Week 9 - Prickly

Hmmm ... prickly opens up a whole gamut of possibilities, 
not all nature based.  
I work in retail and we get our fair share of 'prickly' customers.
But back to nature.

Over the past few weeks I've had a prickly nocturnal visitor 
meandering across my lawn in the early hours of the morning.  
I think my lawn must be part of the 'hedgehog highway' as there's 
often rustling in the bushes where I photographed this particular individual.
Last year I photographed a Mrs Hedgehog moving her babies along this highway too.
She would pick one baby up in her mouth, 
shuffle halfway up the garden with it, 
deposit it on the ground then rush back down to get the other one. 
 She'd then repeat the process to the top of the garden 
and into the grounds of the school next door.

Fortunately for her she only had two babies.  
It was exhausting just watching her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catch-up!

Sooo, when I started this challenge this year I didn't expect to be playing catch-up quite so frequently. A photo a week isn't onero...