Monday 13 January 2020

Week 2: ... and it's all about leaves

Nature's little solar cell.
This week's challenge has given me food for thought.
Never before have I taken quite as much notice of the humble leaf and its abundant proliferation, 
and its ability to be so much for so many. 
Leaves let us breathe!
Leaves are EVERYwhere! 
 AND they're beautiful to boot.
Who knew green had SO many variations in colour.
And that shapes, sizes and textures could be so diverse!
There are even pink leaves.
Leaves feed, provide homes for and protect a myriad of different species
 ... including us.
It was fascinating turning over leaves to see which insects had laid eggs there.
I'm not that clued up on insect eggs though, so couldn't identify any.

Note to self:  Learn a bit about insect eggs.
This is my still life.
A skeleton leaf I found on the beach.
Another one to add to my collection.
The humble little leaf.
really IS a work of art!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Catch-up!

Sooo, when I started this challenge this year I didn't expect to be playing catch-up quite so frequently. A photo a week isn't onero...