Sunday 17 May 2020

Week 19: Personality

So many options.
From grumpy fantails, because I’ve interrupted their ablutions,
to water-logged Sparrows savouring the delights of the birdbath
to laid-back goats who climb fences to eat those out-of-reach leaves

I could go on and on and on.
But the words in this week’s challenge gave me pause for thought.
How do you show the personality of an inanimate object?
So I went out and photographed what’s been catching my attention over the last few weeks.
Autumn leaves, and their last hoorah before winter sets in.
I tried to see their soul.
If a leaf has a soul, that is.
Trees speak to our souls.
With their deep roots they carry significant grounding energy.
We naturally feel at peace when we walk amongst them.
So why shouldn’t the leaves they produce speak to us too?
I’ve photographed leaves turned gold by the cooler weather.
Leaves holding on as they wait for their time to fall.
Red leaves.
Green leaves.
Withered, dry, brown leaves.
All beautiful.
All wonderful.
Every leaf showcasing it’s glorious autumn plumage.
I don’t see death.
I see life.
I see possibilities.
I see hope.
“The idea behind a kaleidoscope is that it’s a structure filled with broken bits and pieces
and, that if you can somehow look through them, you’ll still see something beautiful.”
~ Sara Bareilles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catch-up!

Sooo, when I started this challenge this year I didn't expect to be playing catch-up quite so frequently. A photo a week isn't onero...